Wednesday 24 August 2011

"Hi, do you believe in God?"

Two girls (in their 20s) came up to me on the way to Tesco today.
I was listening to a podcast and I plugged out one of the earphones so that I could hear her.

"...do you believe in God?"

"Oh Jesus," I thought. I said "No."

The other girls said, "Do you want to learn about God?"

"..uhhh no."

She went on, "...well, if you want to have a purpose in life....." ".......you may want to know more about Jesus Christ so take this," handing me a card with a phone number.

I said "I'm never going to be interested. I just believe in peace. Byeeee"
 and scooted off.

After doing my shopping, I thought about how I could responded.

"...do you believe in God?"
"Does God hate gays?"

"...do you believe in God?"
"God sucks."

"Do you want to learn about God?"
"Yes, do I get paid for believing?"

"...well, if you want to have a purpose in life....."
"If your purpose in life is God, your life is really pretty sad."

 ".......you may want to know more about Jesus Christ so take this,"
"If I ever want to know how to look stupid, I will call you."

Honestly, these people need to wake the fuck up.

No comments:

Post a Comment