Sunday 13 February 2011

I have nearly ZERO critical thinking skills...

"You need to be able to reflect about it in a logical and objective way, recognising all the pros and cons that there might be."

My original definition of Critical Thinking was like "always disagree and bash the other person's opinion completely."

I think that's why I couldn't write something constructive in the previous China post. I read the comments after writing that post and was actually really surprised that there were lots of various opinions about the things that the speaker said. The smallest statement was examined and commented.

And I now know a partial reason why Elka and KC's podcasts are so interesting to listen to---because they critically watch the show and comment on it. They have opinions on most of the scenes and predict what's going to happen next. I'm a passive audience---they are active audiences.

This is probably one of the most important skills that should be taught at school.
And this is probably one of the skills I will gain in the UK.

And the lack of this skill is probably why the Japanese media sucks so fucking bad. (Start watching this from 4:30)

No comments:

Post a Comment