Tuesday 18 January 2011

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS SELF HARM RELATED MATERIAL THAT MAY BE DISTURBING AND/OR TRIGGERING FOR SOME. IT IS NOT MY INTENTION TO PROMOTE OR SUPPORT SELF HARMING. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT HURTING YOURSELF, FIND ANOTHER WAY TO DEAL WITH YOUR FEELINGS. INJURING YOURSELF TAKES OVER YOUR LIFE.







Blades
don't want to cut me up inside
Blades
don't want to forget how it feels without
Blades
I don't want to stay in love with my sorrow
oh god
I want to let it go.



Come to bed, don't make me sleep alone
couldn't hide the emptiness, you let it show
never wanted it to be so cold
just didn't slit enough to say you love me
I can't hold on to me
wonder what's wrong with me



Don't want to let it lay me down this time
drown my will to fly
here in the darkness I know myself
can't break free until I let it go


Let me go.


Darling, I forgive you after all
anything is better than to be alone
and in the end I guess I had to fall
always find my place among the ashes

I can't hold on to me.

Wonder where I went wrong.






Adapted from Evanescence's song "Lithium."



I'm a drug addict.

Self injury is a drug and an addiction. I've been clean for 2 years. I thought I was over it.

It's kind of interesting how easy it comes back.

Not that it has.

Yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment