Thursday 10 June 2010

Today, we had to prepare for the festival at school which will start tomorrow. I didn't have much to do, and neither did my friend, so we sat there doing nothing. Well, we chatted.
Hmmm, to be honest, most of the time, I listened to him talk.
About the same thing that he said yesterday.
And the day before.
And the day before the day before.
I think I sat there listening for more than 2 hours.

According to him, if he gets rid of the US Army from Okinawa and other places is Japan, China and Russia will start attacking Japan and a war will brake out. (I asked him how he's going to make the US Army go away and he said "I don't know.")
I asked where he'd evacuate to if a war starts and he paused so I said "Why don't you go to Australia?" and he said "I don't like Australia." So I said "What about New Zealand?" and he didn't say anything. Eventually he replied "I think I'd go to Brazil."
So he started to talk about Brazil.
"Brazil is one of the BRICs countries and that's because they get lots of fish from the Amazon. The Amazon made them rich. The Amazon is so cool. The Amazon is blah blah blah."
I said "I don't think the Amazon is the reason why Brazil became rich. I read that they started to produce bio ethanol from corn and sugar canes and that's where they get money from. They are cutting down the rain forest to grow corn and sugar canes and that's becoming a big problem."
He said "Maybe that's a PART of the reason. The Amazon has fishes and Brazilians eat fish from the Amazon."

He went on to races.
"There are white people and black people in Brazil and Brazil is run by white people and they are the ones who are intelligent so they are rich. Black people can't live in Rio be Janeiro because they aren't intelligent so they are poor. Rio be Janerio is where rich people live."
I said "you're being racist."
He said "when did I say something racist?"
I said "uhhh, just now."
He said "What did I say?"
I said "you said black people are stupid."
He didn't reply.

I asked him "why do you bring up someones skin colour all the time?"
He said "I don't know."

A few minutes later, he asked me "Why do I mention races all the time?"
I said "I want to know the answer!"

I don't have the best ability to describe this and I want to write more but my mum's asleep and I don't want to wake her up with me typing so I will stop here but believe me, I nearly cried by the unpleasantness of his opinions.
I was not astonished anymore.
Or angry.
Or sad.

I was speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment