Monday 19 April 2010

giRL in BeD

OK this one is about the English language.

R and L. That's what Japanese can't pronounce. If someone in my class had to read a part of"The curious incident of the dog in the night-time" (which is the book I started reading yesterday), they would read it like this:

And then I placticed maths for the lest of the morning and...

No, I won't write anymore because it's ridiculous but nobody can pronounce L and R right. I think it's all right as long as it's understandable. From my limited vocabulary, I think the only word they should pronounce right in order to not have and embarrassing experience is "election" and "erection."

B and D. I had trouble when I was little with that one. My grandma suggested that i should think of a bed when I use the letters b and d. I sometimes mess it up when I'm typing on the keyboard like I'm doing now.
I also couldn't write walk(歩く) and run(走る) in Chinese characters for a while for a while. I wonder how Chinese people cope with their language... There must be thousands of letters they have to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment